Monday, August 29, 2011

Michelle Hanson Photography, and pee.


Yup, pee. So I don't really know how to word this eloquently but I figured I'd share anyways. The past couple of weeks Brooks has been trying to put his hands down his diaper more than normal. Little boys his age do this anyways so I didn't think too much of it but it was becoming excessive in my opinion. After all, no mother wants to see her little boy trying to put his hands down his pants. Last night while I was giving Brooks a bath he reached down and held his "thing" while he peed in the tub. I didn't think much of it other than, wow he's smart. Well Brooks' Dad has him for the night and he just texted me to say that Brooks ran out of the bathroom after his bath, sat on the couch, held his "thing" and peed. It didn't click for a minute but somehow (I'm assuming from Papa or his Dad) Brooks has learned how big boys pee. So, each time Brooks is trying to stick his hand down his diaper I think it's right when he is about to pee. I don't really know what to think or do about this, but I do think Brooks is awfully smart! I still have about 6 months before I even entertain the idea of potty training, but maybe he'll be ready at two!

On a non-pee related note, Kim (my sister) and I went to have our children's pictures taken two evenings ago. The photographer is in my sister's ward and she was WONDERFUL!!! Her name is Michelle Hanson, she was really nice and she did great with three little kids. Some of the pictures were edited and up on her website by the time we went to bed that evening, she's quick. Here's a sneak peak, our family was ecstatic to see how amazing the picture of the three turned out. The last picture we have of all three kids was from when the boys were 4-months-old and they were both crying. I know that we will be looking at this picture for decades to come.











3 comments:

Courtney B said...

Your little man sounds SO smart! That is going to be so different if he's pretty much asking you to potty train him, instead of you begging him to be potty trained :)
And I just have to say, you are one beautiful momma!

Christin Foscarini said...

Im excited to get to keep up with you and brooks now that I know your blog address! Cutest little boy :)

Kate and Brooks said...

Thank you Courtney B. - I apologize, I have not checked my comments recently.

Christin, I'm excited as well. I checked out your blog and you're so great about posting often, I really need to be better about it!