Saturday, July 31, 2010

Away to HeAvEn!



This is my heaven.

We're heading out tomorrow to go camping for one week. One week of no cell phones, no computers, no tv, nothing. Nothing but family and the beautiful scenery. The picture is of a lake you can hike to near where we camp, it's a far ways though. I'm surprised I made it to take that picture in 2007, I thought I was going to die. We go to Kennedy Meadows in the Sierra Mountains in California. It's south of Lake Tahoe and north of Yosemite. It's heaven, as stated before. When I was taking the missionary lessons, Sister Garvin told me that her idea of heaven was a disco party with Heavenly Father! Funny huh! Well, when I picture what I'd like heaven to be like, Kennedy Meadows is exactly it. There is a pack station where you can ride horses up into the meadows and the most amazing little restaurant. They have a little convenience store where the same lady has worked since I was a little girl. The man who runs the meadows grew up there, his name is Matt (I believe). Now his kids are growing up there, cool huh! One of the neatest things about having all the same people there, seeing them and knowing each other. The older couple that run the restaurant now used to run the camp sites we stay in so they remember all of us grandkids as little children riding around on our bikes and going out all day on fishing adventures. They even got on our case if we weren't wearing helmets on our bikes. It's wonderful, there are no words to express how amazing this little piece of earth is unless you experience it. My family is lucky enough to have been camping their since we were babies and as a matter of fact, my Mom has camped their since she was a little girl. I'm so excited I can't wait.

No comments: