Tuesday, June 8, 2010

My Savior



So this neat contraption is called a NAP NANNY...

And it's my savior...

Seriously.

I got onto Babies R' Us online and was looking at their different sleep positioners in my desperation to get Brooks to sleep in his crib (or anywhere besides his swing). I had seen this before and thought it was a really good idea but couldn't justify paying $130 for a piece of foam. Well, I'd about had it the past two days and decided to look up reviews and feedback about the NAP NANNY. To my surprise there wasn't a SINGLE negative comment!!! I thought about it all last night and all this morning and I figured it was worth trying, even for $130. I called one of our local baby stores which I love oh so much and asked if they had any in stock. I also asked if I could return it if my Brooks ended up hating it, and they were so kind and said that as long as it wasn't all dirty and I kept the original packaging that they would be happy to return it if he didn't like it.

So today after class (I drive by the store going to and from school) I stopped in and picked up the giraffe print (adorable) NAP NANNY! I got it home and told Brooks that this was his new big boy bed and that it would make Mama so happy if he would please sleep in it. He was ready for a nap about 30 minutes after I got home and I thought "What better time to try the NAP NANNY". OH MY GOSH!!!! I thought I had died and gone to heaven!!! I still think I might have!!! I gave him a pacifier, cuddled his snuggle frog to his face, tucked him in with his favorite blankie, turned on his mobile twice and he was out like a light... for 2 1/2 hours! WOOHOO. He looked so comfy in it, I wish they made one for adults.

I was thinking that I'd only use it for naps (in case things didn't go so well except the one time) for a little while. But then I realized that he needs to get used to it, NOW. So I bit the bullet, rocked him to sleep for an hour and put him in it again tonight for bed. He didn't really fall asleep while I was rocking him but he got VERY comfortable, once he started rubbing his eyes I knew that was my chance. I gave him his pacifier, cuddled his snuggly frog to his cheek, covered him with his favorite blankie, turned on the mobile twice and then the music on his swing... and OUT!!! WOOHOO.

I'm a total believer in the NAP NANNY, it's the most amazing item I think I've ever found. Okay, besides a swing (his swing has saved my sanity MANY times). This product cannot be described in words how awesome it is. Any Mom who has a baby that is fussy, colicy, has acid reflux, allergies, etc. NEEDS the NAP NANNY. I'm speechless, how the heck can a 3 pounds contoured piece of foam work miracles? I don't even care how it does, I just know IT WORKS!!! EVERYONE MUST HAVE A NAP NANNY!!! They are a little big but the second you see how amazing they are, it could be 50 times bigger for all I care. It works!!! I put in it his crib right under his mobile so he can watch his giraffes dance around, appropriate that the print matches his bedding huh! I figure that maybe he will get used to being in his crib and someday I will be able to use his crib without the NAP NANNY.

God bless whomever invented this miraculous product, I love you, period.

Oh, let me add... Brooks has NEVER gone to sleep on his own like without being rocked, walked, swung, etc. He did once yesterday and I think I imagined it. But both times in the NAP NANNY he went to sleep ON HIS OWN, without moving!!! MIRACLE.

2 comments:

{Kim} said...

I'm happy this contraption has started working! How's the 30 day shred going?!

Lucrecia said...

Hi Kate,
So nice to "meet" you :) Thanks for saying hello on my blog. Your little boy is darling! Now I can add you to my live feed :)