It's been a while since I have posted anything, I will post some current pictures tomorrow but in the meantime here are some updates.
-Brooks was a giraffe for Halloween. His costume stayed on about 2 minutes but we managed to snap a shot or two of him with his cousins.
-He is also on the verge of walking, he takes one to two steps all the time. I'm sure in the next couple weeks he will be walking like a big boy.
-The third round of medicine for his c-diff seems to have worked, we will know for sure within the next week. If it did work then it's a matter of crossing fingers in hopes that it doesn't come back in the next 6 months (the rate of recurring c-diff is extremely high).
-I've been actively looking for Mr. Right (with no luck).
-I'm finishing up Fall semester and I'm looking forward to tackling Spring with an even bigger "go get" attitude.
-I've gotten a "papa" out of Brooks quite a bit, but now he refuses to say it. I just have to make it known that I will just die if his first official word is "dada" so I sound like an idiot ALL day long saying, "Brooks say Mama, Brooks say mama, Brooks say mama, mama, mama, mama..." You get the point...
-Brooks loves playing in the toilet, so all bathroom doors must be closed at all times.
-He also loves singing and dancing.
-As always Brooks still loves my high heels but now he loves Rian's pink Barbie doll! He will be a well rounded little boy.
-It looks like he could very possibly be left handed!!! WOOHOO, if not, I will train him to be ;)
-He loves playing with his huge Tonka truck and his little trucks too.
-He eats bread like it's the last loaf left on the face of the earth. He loves cheerios too.
-I tried to teach him to use a sippy cup, but he isn't figuring it out. In time he will.
-I have caught Brooks on top of the end table (long story - short version is that he climbed up on a kids chair then onto the end table it was next to and proceeded to stand and play with the phone).
-He also managed to open a full bag of chocolate chips and spread them all over the family room, he had chocolate melted to his butt and then proceeded to throw up from eating them.
-I find cheerios stuck to Brooks and myself all the time, I'm wondering when the day is going to come that I will be in public with a cheerio stuck to my butt!
-I HATE HATE HATE sharing food and I have now learned that I will have to share food the rest of my life, I resort to eating in a different room just so I don't have to share. He could be busting at the seams full and the kid would still shovel food in. (But he definitely isn't chunky)
-Yes, he knows how to open all the cupboards and gets into endless amounts of trouble.
Basically, Brooks is a big ball of lovable wonderful amazing energy and not a single person can resist his huge 8 tooth grin and darth vator noises. He is beautiful and the best blessing in the world.
On a slightly different note, and pretty random as well... I bared my testimony in church a week or two ago and it was simple and basically I would just like to say to all of my wonderful family and friends who do read my blog that I was looking for answers and help long before Brooks came into my life. Not a day went by that I didn't ask for something to change (in a more positive/better way) and I now look back and realize that every single answer I was looking for, every change I needed, every single thing I prayed for over and over day in and day out was all answered by my Brooks. There is a scripture in the BOM (Book of Mormon) that says that all gifts are sent from our Heavenly Father. Well I would just like to say, "THANK YOU HEAVENLY FATHER FOR THE BEST GIFT YOU HAVE TO OFFER, I'M SO GRATEFUL FOR THE OPPORTUNITY TO BE A MOTHER AND I'M SO GRATEFUL THAT I'M WORTHY OF THIS GIFT OF MY BEAUTIFUL BABY BOY!"
I hope everyone had a great Halloween :) BRING ON CHRISTMAS!!! (I'm decorating this week and I am so excited I can hardly stand it)
*Grammi and Grandpap, if you read this Brooks and I have a request (if it's not too much to ask) Could you please come out for Thanksgiving?! PLEASE. All our love, xoxo.
Tuesday, November 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment