So many wonderful things have happened lately and I can't help but think every single day "I'm so lucky and truly blessed". I am so incredible grateful to my family for all of their endless support and love. Brooks has been the most wonderful and happy little boy the past couple of weeks. He is learning new things daily and pours out giggles and smiles all day long. School is amazing and I absolutely love my classes, I'm even making some nice things in ceramics. I have enjoyed a few play dates with the wonderful new moms and friends I've made in the neighborhood. Their children are wonderful and even though our kids don't really play together, it's really nice to get together and chat. A few of us took our little ones to the aquarium this past Friday. There was no school that day so it was a complete zoo but it was still neat to see Brooks try to grab and touch the fish through the glass. Brooks' best friend Jacob is one month older than him, they were the two youngest there and I don't know about Jacob's mom Ann but I know I was a little worried about Brooks being knocked over by the bigger kids. Actually if memory serves me right I think sweet little Jacob did get knocked over. We'll definitely have to go back on a more calm day.
The weather has been wonderful lately and I will freely admit that I have Spring fever, I busted out a pair of flip flops a couple of days ago! Brooks and I took advantage of the beautiful weather today and we went to the elementary school right up the street to play on the play ground after church today. I brought him to the kindergarten play ground because it's more his size than the big kid play ground. Brooks is 100% boy, we left early because he had a fat lip and blood on his sweat shirt. He had on a new pair of shoes and wasn't as graceful as usual and did a little face plant on the cement. Luckily he didn't actually hit his face, he did cut his lip with his tooth though. So we left early and came home to see Papa in the shop! Brooks swept Papa's shop for him and found a big bucket of golf balls, he thought it was great!
Brooks had his one-year pictures taken a little while ago and I have posted them on Facebook but there might be a few people who still haven't seen them so I will put them on this post. It took two tries to get pictures, the first time it was his nap time and he cried the entire time. The second time he was still hesitant but we managed to get some really cute pictures.
Obviously there is no interesting news about Mama but Brooks has learned "Uh-oh" and uses it often. (Excuse my scattered post but I won't be taking the time to make it eloquent). I just realized that I haven't posted about Brooks' first birthday, I will include that also. His dad had a party for him on the Friday two days before his actual birthday. Well he got fed a cupcake with icing which I forewarned was not a good idea. Needless to say poor Brooks paid the price for a couple of days it seemed like. So because his party was Saturday he wasn't feeling well and didn't even eat a plain cupcake without frosting. There were only a few people who showed up to his party but him and I are very grateful and appreciative to our sweet and dear friends who came! It meant the world to us to share in his special day. Our awesome friend Littia even stopped by before hand because she and her two kids couldn't come. How nice is that?!
There are so many things to say about sweet Brooks, I could go on and on. I will just post pictures though. I get so excited to see him after naps or when I pick him up from Jamie's (daycare) after school. He is the cutest and most inquisitive little boy. I wish I could feel that way about him at 4 AM! HAHA. I'm never excited to see him at 4 o'clock in the morning these days. Its been 13 months, I've gotten up enough. Don't you think?!
Enjoy my sweet little love!!!
P.S. - Sorry the text to this post was so long!
Right after his first haircut on December 5th. He had his second 6 weeks later and is in need of his third!
Family picture of my mom's side that was taken the week before Christmas while we were in California.
Christmas morning.
The birthday boy.
Rian, Brooks, and Cole. Sorry for the horrible lighting (my mom took the picture)
All ready for church today! It was a big deal because he's never worn a tie before. I usually put him in a nice sweater.
This is Jacob. Brooks' best buddy! Isn't he adorable?!
I hope it's okay that I posted this adorable picture of your little guy Ann?

1 comment:
Keep posting!! I'm reading!! :) And keep the pictures coming. Brooks is such a beautiful kid. I really love the one in his tie. Seriously, so cute! I'm glad things are going so well for you. You deserve it. Hooray for park weather!!
Post a Comment