Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Summer Lovin'

WOW! It has been a very long time since I have blogged. I often think, "I'm blogging about that today!" Quite often though, I've already mentioned it on FB so I feel a bit redundant. This Summer has been a bit crazy, as you can tell by the lack of posts. I just finished up my second class and I have two more left to finish out. Brooks is old enough now that we are going plenty of fun things so I get pretty antsy sitting in class wishing I were with him. We swim on Wednesdays and Fridays typically, and Brooks still spends Tuesdays with his Dad. We went to Cowabunga Bay this past Friday, it's our local little water park. There is a Seven Peaks in Salt Lake and Provo, I think Brooks and I will have to check it out as well. Brooks LOVES the water and has a pretty sweet tan these days. He has the most beautiful dark olive skin :) I love it.

Brooks has been going to nursery on Sundays at church, this is a huge event for me. In the LDS church, up until 18 months your child is with you for all 3 hours of church. Relief Society, Sunday School, and Sacrament Meeting. Well now Brooks spends the first two hours with his friends in nursery playing with trucks, Mr. Potato Head, and coloring. They even get a snack which I'm pretty sure Brooks loves because quite often it's Fruit Loops and he NEVER gets sugary cereal so he is probably in heaven. I get two hours to focus on the lessons being taught and I only worry every two minutes about him ;) There have been a few times where I have heard his cry half way across the church building, it broke my heart. However, I remind myself that it's something he needs to get used to and that it is good for him... and me!

Brooks is all over the place and into EVERYTHING! What's new though, right? I will post his stats and all of his fun updates next week after his 18-month well-check. I plan on stealing a fantastic idea from my friend Ann, she did a very fun post on her blog about the exciting (and a few not so exciting) things she has learned about motherhood. Keep checking back for my post on that topic!

I apologize for the lack of pictures. Needless to say, Brooks has currently high jacked and hidden all of MY cords for the camera as well as my phone. This is extremely disappointing for me and I have no idea where else to look for them. We have found things in very weird places but shockingly, the chords aren't there. He hid Papa's wireless mouse for his laptop in the floor vent for months. I find sippy cups in our ottoman, toys in his clothes drawers, and random stuff in kitchen cabinets. Who knows where the cords are at this point!

I will have a HUGE post next week or the week after so as I mentioned, keep checking back guys! There are going to be some funny stories, you don't want to miss this post.

No comments: