*Started teaching preschool for Head Start while still finishing up my degree
*Was set to graduate this Spring and found out that the program I was planning on using for my state teaching license no longer exists.
*Took a few weeks over the holidays to make the decision that I needed to quit my job and go back to school full-time for Elementary Education in order to be fully licensed K-6.
*Cried for weeks due to the change and heart-break of leaving my children at work and my wonderful colleagues.
*Excited to be home with Brooks more than 2-3 hours a day, though!
*Brooks is turning TWO on the 23rd, he will be having a tractor party.
*Brooks and I had photos taken yesterday morning for his second birthday and because him and I haven't had family pictures taken since he was 4-months-old.
That's about it. I haven't blogged in SOOO long because I simply just didn't have the time. Working, commuting, school.... it's all very time consuming. Everyone at my work is sad to see me go but extremely supportive. I think they can sense my frustration and understand that it wasn't what I wanted, quitting my job. I suppose it all comes down to the fact that, "Life happens."
Brooks is doing so well and getting so big. He talks all day long and does the cutest things! We had a brief period of time where it was a glimpse of terrible attitude on his part. Luckily, that went away after a week or two (knock on wood). Brooks has never been a big TV/movie watcher but lately he LOVES the movie, Rio. He doesn't sit and watch all of it, the longest he's ever gotten in 30 minutes. I think he likes the music the most. For a mommy who has lost her groove I'm pretty good at shaking my "tail feathers" like Blu does in the movie. Brooks thinks it's hilarious and tries to do it, too. My little man is ALWAYS dancing, and talking! He is so much fun and I love being his mommy!
I was leaving the house on Friday night to meet a friend for dinner and I had a pretty hilarious conversation with Brooks that went as such:
Mommy: "Brooks, I'm leaving."
Brooks: "Hug Mom. Kiss too."
Mommy: "Okay, you be good! I love you."
Brooks: "Ok Mom. Bye!"
Brooks: "MOM! Brrr... it's cold outside. Coat on!"
Mommy: "Uh, okay Brooks? Thank you sweetie?"
I stood there thinking to myself, "I just had a miniature version of me, talking to me. Do I really sound like that?" Fortunately, I really do sound like that! I'm proud that my little guy has taken so well to my "training". Haha
The finale is a sneak peak of the beautiful pictures Michelle Hanson took.





2 comments:
Beautiful pictures!! I am excited to hear more details about everything...we need to get together! ASAP!
Love the pictures! She always does a great job! Happy Birthday Brooks!
Post a Comment