Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Thoughts...

I've had a lot on my mind lately. You would think that things would be calming down now that I'm not working. It's the opposite for some reason, and I'm not liking it. My mind is running a thousand miles per hour and that's very physically exhausting (as well as emotionally).

Brooks had a wonderful birthday and everyone we invited came! I'll post pictures as soon as I get a free moment, hopefully tomorrow during his nap.

Question to any of you who read my blog... how do you journal? I have a journal that I keep in my nightstand but I don't like writing by hand. Due to the fact that I have anxiety and my mind typically runs at that fast rate, my hand writing skills are not quick enough to keep up with my brain. I prefer to type! I know I could simply create word documents for each entry and keep a folder for journal entries, but that seems boring. Are there any creative and exciting resources I don't know about?

A second question - have you ever done anything that has helped your self-confidence? It's difficult for me to admit this publicly but I'm sure it's not difficult to tell, I have very low self-esteem. I've read self-help books, bought new clothes, tried new makeup, done my hair differently. I feel like I'm beating my head against the wall! All of the things I struggle with seem to relate back to a lack of self-confidence. Have any of you tried any self-talk, affirmations, etc? Any books you suggest? That's assuming that you've ever gone through a struggle like this. I'm very jealous if you haven't, consider yourself lucky because it's frustrating.

2 comments:

Christin Foscarini said...

ok seriously you have NO reason to be self conscious at all. You are beautiful, kind, and a wonderful mother. Having said that though I know that it doesn't matter how much someone tells you that if YOU don't believe it. I think everybody, especially women, struggle with this! I know I do too. I find myself often comparing myself to others and how perfect they "seem" to be. This we just have to STOP! I know it is hard and is something I have to work on everyday. But you and only you are going through your unique experience in this life. Try writing down things that you feel are your strengths. Once you can see your strengths you can be more aware of the good potential you have to bring to your and others lives. It also helps you stop comparing yourself to people that have different strenghts then you and be happy for them for their strengths and more happy about your own. Sorry that was really long, but I want you to know you are SO not alone in feeling this way. I think it is a daily battle for women. Just try to stay and see the positive in your life! :)

Kate and Brooks said...

Thank you Chrisitin! I do need to know that I'm not alone, so thank you. It's so sad that women have to deal with this kind of pressure and we do it to ourselves. As if we didn't do enough already! I am going to start making a list of my strengths, I love that idea. I think it will really help. You're the best :)